The Sustainable Fashion Collective is an online learning resource offering strategies for developing ethical fashion and textile products as well as setting up and growing creative businesses sustainably and responsibly. With advice, insight and guidance from experts and brands at the forefront of the design industry, month-by-month, Professional Members of The Sustainable Fashion Collective become well-informed and responsible creatives and entrepreneurs.
Upgrade to Professional Membership
Get your first four months for the price of two!
Join as a free member and sign in to your Free Member account. Once logged in, a blue "Upgrade to Professional Membership" button will appear below, where you can set up your monthly recurring payment and immediately access all Professional Member content.
Please Log In First
What does Professional Membership offer?
Once you become a Professional Member, as well as all the resources available to you as a Free Member, you will have access to all of our existing content and resources including:
- Live Q&A's from industry experts
- Interviews with experienced business owners and mentors
- Technical tutorials
- Networking events
- Content & blog space
- Rewards and discounts from partners (view a small selection here)
What new content can I expect every month as a Professional Member?
The Sustainable Fashion Collective is an ever-growing resource. As well as being able to access all of our archived content, every month we release the following content:
- One in-depth Masterclass, comprising of multiple "lessons" from different experts
- At least one live Q&A, webinar or coaching session with industry experts
- At least one interview with experienced business owners, ethical fashion activists and pioneers
- At least one technical tutorial with sustainable fibre and methodology innovators
- A weekly email highlighting the latest content on the website and up-to-date sustainable fashion news
Each month we release a Masterclass on a different topic directly related to responsible textile and fashion design or growing a sustainable business. For each masterclass, we've enlisted the help of one or more experts to record webinars that take you through all of the crucial information you need to know on that topic. We also include useful external links and downloadable resources in the form of glossaries, templates, workbooks and toolkits, saving you hours trawling through the internet to find answers to your questions.
Whether you're an existing business or looking to start a new venture, there will be a Masterclass that will suit the information you're seeking. Popular Masterclasses include:
- Introduction to Pattern Cutting
- Zero Waste Fashion
- Sourcing Sustainable Trims & Haberdashery
- Upcycling & The Circular Economy
- Eco-Packaging For Your Sustainable Brand
- How to Manufacture Products Responsibly
- How to Build a Sustainable Business Model
- Responsible Knitwear Production
- The Design Process: From Design to Product
Browse all Masterclass topics here. To see an example of a Masterclass, we have a wonderful "taster" of an Interview with social enterprise, Birdsong.
Live Q&A's, webinars or coaching sessions with industry experts:
We host at least one monthly live online session with an industry expert that brings expert business owners and ethical fashion and textile pioneers from across the industry to present and chat in a panel discussion or group setting format. If you're not available for the live session, you can send your questions in advance, and watch the replay whenever suits you.
See all upcoming and past events here - both physical and online.
We believe that consistent learning is key to growing successful businesses - and one of the best ways is to learn from people who have been in your shoes. If you can learn from their mistakes - even better! We've interviewed some truly inspirational brands and ethical fashion pioneers, and have got down to the nitty-gritty - from how to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign, to setting up a pop-up shop, to getting featured in Vogue, to Waitrose becoming a first stockist... the experience of the brands we've interviewed is incredible, and all invaluable information.
As well as providing you with business advice and holistic resources, it's essential that you're armed with all of the skills you need to create sustainable products that hold value with the user. But being sustainable can be a minefield, which is why every month we cover a new topic from across the fashion and creative industries. Whether it's zero-waste design, how wool is produced, or draping on the stand - there's something to be learnt from every tutorial.
Some favourite Technical Tutorials:
- What Is Milk Fabric?
- Weganwool®: Vegan Wool Fabric Made from Weeds
- Eco-friendly Sequins
- Sourcing Eco-friendly Zippers
And it doesn't stop there! As a Professional Member you will also have access to:
- Events: free and discounted tickets to our physical events and creative workshops. See all upcoming and past events here.
- Eco fabrics: early bird access with discounts to restocked and brand new Offset Warehouse fabrics (you'll have an open Membership-only discount code to use whenever you like). Along with exciting exclusives from leading sustainable textile manufacturers.
- Community: a private, members-only Facebook page, so you can connect with your peers, learn from each other and get feedback and advice.
- Check-ins: with our reach of eco-conscious shoppers and creatives, and network of responsible industry professionals, we are well placed to share who you are. Check-ins provide an opportunity for you to update us on your and your business, for us to then share on our multitude of social channels.
- Content and blog space: as a Professional Member, we provide you also with the opportunity to talk about yourself, and we know how nerve-wracking that can be. Answering questions in video or written format will help you digest what you're doing, and also get your name out there.
- Lots of other goodies from partner companies, such as discounted business magazine subscriptions, free platform memberships, and exclusive fashion product offers.
What other Professional Members think:
"It's so interesting to hear other brands talk about how they started. If you're feeling overwhelmed, you listen to the videos and it gives you ideas on what you can do too."
"There's loads of information that I'll just keep going back to!"
"...it's been incredibly helpful. There are some great people talking, and you've introduced us to new brands as well."
Find more testimonials here.
How do I upgrade to Professional Member?
Once you've registered as a Free Member and set up your password, you can then upgrade to Professional Membership. Your monthly Professional Membership subscription to The Sustainable Fashion Collective will continue automatically once you have signed up, and payments will be deducted monthly on the same day. You can cancel anytime and rejoin at any time.
Membership costs £31.50/month.
Get your first four months for the price of two (that's just £15.75 per month!)
Please Log In First
How do I cancel my Professional Membership?
You can cancel your Professional Membership at any time from your profile by going to "My Account" in the menu. Cancelling your recurring payment will deactivate your Membership, so you will no longer be able to log in to the site, no matter how long is left until your next due payment. You will then be downgraded to a free membership, meaning you can continue to access the blog, live Q&A's and lesson outlines, but not the full content. You can resubscribe at the normal monthly fee whenever you're ready.
Get in touch:
If you have any questions or hesitations, we'd be delighted to help so please don't hesitate to get in touch: [email protected].com