On this page, you'll find:
- The different membership options, how to upgrade and how to cancel
- What's included in Professional Membership
- T&Cs and other useful links.
Upgrade to Professional Membership
Choose from four membership options:
How do I cancel my Professional Membership?
You can cancel your Professional Membership at any time from your profile by going to "My Account" in the menu. Cancelling your recurring payment will deactivate your Membership, so you will no longer be able to log in to the site, no matter how long is left until your next due payment. You will then be downgraded to a free membership, meaning you can continue to access the blog, live Q&A's and lesson outlines, but not the full content. You can resubscribe at the normal monthly fee whenever you are ready.
What does Professional Membership offer?
Once you become a Professional Member, as well as all the resources available to you as a Free Member, you will have access to all of our existing content and resources, including:
- Live Q&A's from industry experts
- Interviews with experienced business owners and mentors
- Technical tutorials
- Downloadables, e.g. Personal Progress Tracker and Sourcing Matrixes
- Networking events
- Mastermind peer-to-peer sessions
- Content and blog space for your business
- Rewards and discounts from partners (view a small selection here)
- A community of peers
What new content can I expect every month as a Professional Member?
The Sustainable Fashion Collective® is an ever-growing resource. As well as being able to access all of our archived content, every month we release the following:
- One in-depth Masterclass, comprising of multiple "lessons" from different experts or a strategy workbook
- At least one live Q&A, webinar or coaching session with industry experts
- At least one interview with experienced business owners, ethical fashion activists and pioneers
- At least one technical tutorial with sustainable fibre and methodology innovators
- A weekly email highlighting the latest content on the website, and up-to-date, sustainable fashion news
Is it for me?
- If you've got an idea for a creative venture that will positively impact the world, and you're not sure how to make it into a profitable business...
- If you have an ethical business and are grappling with making it build the profit you require, or you are struggling to find the resources to realise your vision responsibly...
- If you have an existing company and want to learn how to become more socially and environmentally responsible...
... then it is for you. Whether you are a start-up, playing around with an idea, or already in business, we have practical resources for you. Glean industry expert advice and real-life stories of overcoming challenges, then make your vision come to life.
Ok, I'm excited. Tell me more!
Each month we release a Masterclass on a different topic directly related to responsible textile and fashion design or growing a sustainable business. For each Masterclass, we have garnered the help and support of one or more experts to provide webinars that take you through all of the crucial information you need to know on that topic. They are presented as a video and an audio "podcast" and notes-based takeaways - so no matter how you learn best, we have you covered.
We also include helpful external links and downloadable resources in glossaries, templates, workbooks and toolkits, saving you hours of trawling through the internet to find answers to your questions.
Whether you are an existing business or looking to start a new venture, there will be a Masterclass that will suit the information you are seeking. Popular Masterclasses include:
- Introduction to Pattern Cutting
- Zero Waste Fashion
- Sourcing Sustainable Trims & Haberdashery
- Upcycling & The Circular Economy
- Eco-Packaging For Your Sustainable Brand
- How to Manufacture Products Responsibly
- How to Build a Sustainable Business Model
- Responsible Knitwear Production
- The Design Process: From Design to Product
Browse all Masterclass topics here. To see an example of a Masterclass, we have an excellent "taster" of an Interview with a social enterprise, Birdsong.
Live Q&A's, webinars or coaching sessions with industry experts:
We host at least one monthly live online session with an industry expert. This format brings expert business owners and ethical fashion and textile pioneers from across the industry to present and chat in an informal panel discussion or group setting format. If you are not available for the live session, you can send your questions in advance and watch the replay whenever suits you.
See all upcoming and past events here - both physical and online.
We believe that consistent learning is key to growing successful businesses - and one of the best ways is to learn from people who have been in your shoes (if you can learn from their mistakes - even better). We have interviewed truly inspirational brands and ethical fashion pioneers and have got down to the nitty-gritty - from how to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign, to setting up a pop-up shop, to getting featured in Vogue, to Waitrose becoming a first stockist... the experience of the brands we have interviewed is incredible, and all invaluable information. We pride ourselves on the authentic sources and honest conversation we bring.
As well as providing you with business advice and holistic resources, you must be armed with all of the required skills to create sustainable products. Whether it is zero-waste design, how wool is produced or draping on the stand - there is something to be learnt from every tutorial.
Some favourite Technical Tutorials:
- What Is Milk Fabric?
- Weganwool®: Vegan Wool Fabric Made from Weeds
- Eco-Friendly Sequins
- Sourcing Eco-Friendly Zippers
And it doesn't stop there!
As a Professional Member, you will also have access to:
- Events: free and discounted tickets to our physical events and creative workshops. See all upcoming and past events here.
- Eco fabrics: early bird access with discounts to restocked and brand new Offset Warehouse fabrics (you will have a Membership-only discount code to use whenever you like). Along with exciting exclusives from leading sustainable textile manufacturers.
- Community: a private, Members-only Slack channel so you can connect with your peers, learn from each other and get feedback and advice.
- Check-ins: with our reach of eco-conscious shoppers and creatives, and network of responsible industry professionals, we are well placed to share who you are. Check-ins allow you to update us on you and your business, and then we can share on our multitude of social channels.
- Content and blog space: as a Professional Member, we provide you also with the opportunity to talk about yourself to get your name out there.
- Other goodies from partner companies including discounted business magazine subscriptions, free platform memberships, and exclusive fashion product offers.
What do other Professional Members think about us?
Find more testimonials here.
... it really demystifies how a lot of the industry works. It's also really helpful to hear firsthand how other people work, challenges they've had and how they've worked through it.
~ Katrina Wilde, co-founder WILDE STUDIO and Professional Member.
"You can do other workshops online but they're all very general. What I like about The Sustainable Fashion Collective Masterclasses is that they're very much about sustainable businesses".
~ Rebecca Dallimore, founder of Scintilla (formerly Conscious House London) and Professional Member (video above).
Get in touch:
If you have any questions or hesitations, we'd be delighted to help so please don't hesitate to get in touch: [email protected]