"When we first started, people said, 'You can't have ethical clothes and help women's organisations and have unconventional models'" ~ Sophie Slater, Birdsong Co-Founder.
In conversation with Charlie Bradley Ross, and Birdsong founder Sophie Slater, and Birdsong designer Susanna Wen, this video dives into a beautiful story of the magnificent work a social enterprise can do.
In this taster video you'll learn:
- Why Birdsong is passionate about supporting their makers.
- What criteria they use to choose ethical fabrics.
- How Sophie and her co-founder came to build a business around their values.
- How the brand is working to change the way fast-fashion consumers think and behave.
- About their "no photoshop" approach to photoshoots.
- How they found the amazing makers they work with and the challenges they faced.
- How Birdsong approached funding and tips for crowdfunding.
- How they discovered their target customer and how they keep them engaged.
- The best routes to market and how they get in front of their target market.
Fancy more inspiring interviews landing in your inbox every month? Then upgrade to become a Professional Member >>>
Please Log In First