The Members' Club is an online platform that brings together resources to help you grow and develop your business in a sustainable and responsible way..
Membership of the club will give you access to valuable information that you can come back to any time, including:
- Live Q&A's from industry experts
- Interviews with experienced business owners and mentors
- Technical tutorials
And it doesn't stop there! As a member you will also have access to:
- Events: free and discounted tickets to all of our events and creative workshops.
- Eco Fabrics: early bird access to restocked and brand new Offset Warehouse fabrics. Including exciting exclusives with leading sustainable textile manufacturers.
- Community: a private members facebook page, so you can connect with your peers, learn from each other and get feedback and advice.
- Book: a discount on our book about Ethical Fabrics, launching later this year.
- And lots of other goodies, freebies and discounts we have lined up from partner companies.
A closer look & FAQs...
Masterclasses Each month we release a Masterclass on a different topic directly related to growing a sustainable business. For each masterclass, we've enlisted the help of one or more experts to record webinars that take you through all of the crucial information you need to know on that topic. We also include useful external links and downloadable resources, saving you hours of time trawling through the internet to find answers to your questions. Past Masterclasses have included:
- Ethical fabrics and why we need to use them
- How to build a sustainable business model that you love
- Branding a sustainable business
- The design process
- Funding your design business
- Where & how to sell: getting started & going it alone
Live Q&A's from industry experts We host a monthly live, online Q&A session with an industry expert. If you're not available for the live session, you can send your questions in advance, and watch the replay whenever suits you. In the past three months, we've been thrilled to welcome the following experts:
- Raimonda Jankunaite: CEO crowd-velocity, crowdfunding expert.
- James Hillman: award-winning fashion design consultant
- Clear Honest Design: ethical design and branding agency
- Doppelhaus: ethical textiles design duo
- Laura Alice: professional seamstress and sewing studio owner
In conversation with I am a huge believer in constantly learning - and one of the best ways is to learn from people who have been in your shoes. If you can learn from their mistakes - even better! We've interviewed some truly inspirational brands and have got down to the nitty gritty - from how to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign, to setting up a pop up shop, to getting featured in Vogue, to Waitrose becoming a first stockist... the experience of the brands we've interviewed is incredible... all invaluable information!
Technical tutorials As well as providing you with business advice and resources provided, it's really important to me that you're armed with all of the skills you need to create products that are sustainable. But being sustainable can be a total minefield! Which is why, every month we cover a new topic or design technique. Whether it's zero waste design, how wool is produced or draping on the stand - there's something to be learnt from every tutorial.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I haven't launched my business yet, is the Members' Club still for me? Yes! Topics will include business planning, branding, fabric sourcing and much more. All of this is valuable to both a business that's just starting out and a business that's been established for years.
- I need help sourcing innovative materials like eco wool, cork and pineapple, in small quantities - will the Members' Club help me with that? Yes! At Offset Warehouse we already bring smaller quantities of eco fabrics to our customers. I'm so excited that we've got some exclusives coming up with companies who have never offered retail quantities of their innovative eco fabrics (that everyone is trying to get a hold of!) and The Members' Club will get first dibs! Amazing!!
- I'm founder of a sustainable soft furnishings brand, but will The Club content focus on and most of the members be in the fashion industry? We started The Members' Club with fashion designers in mind, but having said that, most of the advice caters to any creative who wants to build a brand sustainably: from setting up a business, to how to make more sustainable design choices, to marketing an eco brand. At the core of the club, all of the Members will have a common "eco" goal and any industry is welcome.
- Who else will I meet? The club is for entrepreneurs around the world who are passionate and determined to build successful businesses, in a sustainable and ethical way. In a nutshell, if you’re building a fashion business or want to start, and you want to get help, inspiration, powerful strategies and a support network to help you succeed without harming the environment or the people who make your products, then I think you’ll love The Members' Club.
"I've been learning so many new facts! I didn't know fashion was the second most polluting industry - which makes the business I'm building even more important". "It's so interesting to hear other brands talk about how they started. If you're feeling overwhelmed, you listen to the videos and it gives you ideas on what you can do too. " "There's loads of information in the club that I'll just keep going back to!" "...it's been incredibly helpful! There are some great people talking, and you've introduced us to new brands as well." "To listen to masterclasses that start from the beginning, then you can double check that you've done all those things - that makes sense!"
So... are you in?
To become a member and access the website, please set up your recurring direct debit by clicking the black button below before midnight, Sunday 28th January. If you sign up before Wednesday 24th January, you'll be in time to receive an invite to our Members Only event in Central London on that day. Your monthly subscription will continue automatically once you have signed up today, and payments will be deducted monthly.
I hope you’ll join us.
What happens next?
Once you have signed up, you will receive an email to set up your login and password for The Members' Club! If it doesn't land in your inbox, please check your junkmail and add the sender to your contacts to prevent any further emails heading there. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you are experiencing any problems: [email protected] Please note that cancelling your recurring payment will immediately deactivate your Membership, so you will no longer be able to log in to the site. Once a payment has been cancelled, there is no way for us to extend the membership until the end of the month - this is, unfortunately, how the system is hard coded!