We're on a mission - and we know you are too - to change the fashion industry for the better.
The fashion industry is complex to navigate anyway, so throw in sustainability and ethics and it becomes even more overwhelming. It's clear that the most effective way we can incite change is by working together. As part of, "The Sustainable Fashion Collective", we stand together as a united community of designers, brands and entrepreneurs dedicated to ethical and responsible practices. Membership to The Sustainable Fashion Collective is free and open for everyone to join.
Create your free profile and become a member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective.
In line with our vision of building the largest community of sustainable fashion designers and change-makers in the industry, all members of the industry and sewing community can join the collective for free. Free Members have access to News Articles and Live Events. We also offer a Professional Membership for creatives looking for guidance and expert advice on building an ethical design business.
Read on to find out more about our Professional Membership.
Alongside Free Membership, we offer Professional Membership where ethical design entrepreneurs and responsible businesses can access monthly-refreshed resources, holistic guidance and expert advice. You can upgrade from a Free Membership to a Professional Membership at any time, and even downgrade as you need to also.
This is a monthly subscription-based Membership. You can cancel at any time.
Find the full refunds and cancellation policy here.
Head to our Testimonials page to find out what other Professional Members think of The Sustainable Fashion Collective. We have Members who are established brand owners, those just starting out, employees of a large company and the everyday person wanting simply to increase their knowledge.
Professional Membership of the Collective will give you access to valuable information:
- Specific lessons
- Live Q&A's from industry experts
- Interviews with experienced business owners and mentors
- Technical tutorials
And it doesn't stop there! As a Professional Member you will also have access to:
- Events: free and discounted tickets to our physical events and creative workshops.
- Eco fabrics: early bird access with discounts to restocked and brand new Offset Warehouse fabrics (you'll have an open Membership-only discount code to use whenever you like). Along with exciting exclusives from leading sustainable textile manufacturers.
- Community: a private, members-only Facebook page, so you can connect with your peers, learn from each other and get feedback and advice.
- Check-ins: with our reach of eco-conscious shoppers and creatives, and network of responsible industry professionals, we are well placed to share who you are. Check-ins provide an opportunity for you to update us on your and your business, for us to then share on our multitude of social channels.
- Content and blog space: as a Professional Member, we provide you also with the opportunity to talk about yourself, and we know how nerve-wracking that can be. Answering questions in video or written format will help you digest what you're doing, and also get your name out there.
- Lots of other goodies from partner companies, such as discounted business magazine subscriptions, free platform memberships, and exclusive fashion product offers.
A closer look...
Each month we release a Masterclass on a different topic directly related to growing a sustainable business. For each masterclass, we've enlisted the help of one or more experts to record webinars that take you through all of the crucial information you need to know on that topic. We also include useful external links and downloadable resources, saving you hours trawling through the internet to find answers to your questions.
Whether you're an existing business, or looking to start a new venture, there will be a Masterclass that will suit the information you're seeking.
Past Masterclasses have included:
- Ethical fabrics and why we need to use them
- How to build a sustainable business model that you love
- Branding a sustainable business
- Working with sustainable cellulosic fibres
- The design process
- Funding your design business
- Where and how to sell: getting started and going it alone
- Understanding responsible wool production
To see a Masterclass Taster, we have a wonderful lesson with social enterprise Birdsong.
These offer up a conversation on a specific issue within the Masterclass topic. There will always be a focus on holistic understanding so that you build up as many perspectives as possible, yet each lesson has a direction that will either give you the tools to try something out yourself, be better equipped to work on certain elements of your business, or boost your confidence with knowledge. And likely all of this! There will also be lessons that provide downloadables in the form of glossaries, templates, workbooks and toolkits.
Live Q&A's with industry experts
We host a monthly live online Q&A session with an industry expert, along with a monthly networking session that brings expert business owners from across the industry to present and chat in panel discussion format. If you're not available for the live session, you can send your questions in advance, and watch the replay whenever suits you.
See all upcoming and past events here - both physical and online.
We believe that consistent learning is key to growing successful businesses - and one of the best ways is to learn from people who have been in your shoes. If you can learn from their mistakes - even better! We've interviewed some truly inspirational brands and founders, and have got down to the nitty-gritty - from how to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign, to setting up a pop-up shop, to getting featured in Vogue, to Waitrose becoming a first stockist... the experience of the brands we've interviewed is incredible, and all invaluable information.
As well as providing you with business advice and holistic resources, it's essential that you're armed with all of the skills you need to create sustainable products that hold value with the user. But being sustainable can be a total minefield, which is why every month we cover a new topic from across the fashion and creative industries. Whether it's zero waste design, how wool is produced, or draping on the stand - there's something to be learnt from every tutorial.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I haven't launched my business yet, is Professional Membership for me?
Yes! Topics will include business planning, branding, fabric sourcing, building a social media presence and more. All of this is valuable to both a business that's just starting out, and a business that's been established for years.
- I need help sourcing innovative materials like eco wool, cork and pineapple, in small quantities - will the Professional Membership help me with that?
Yes! Founded by the brains behind Offset Warehouse, we're passionate about bringing smaller quantities of ethical and sustainable fabrics to our customers. As a Professional Member you'll hear from companies innovating in the responsible textile sphere, so you'll be able to get ahead of the game. We also offer a Member-only discount for Offset Warehouse, and often our experts will offer their own discounts.
- I'm a founder of a sustainable soft furnishings brand, so will the content focus on and most of the Members be in the fashion industry?
We started The Sustainable Fashion Collective with fashion designers in mind, but having said that, most of the advice caters to any creative who wants to build a brand sustainably: from setting up a business, to how to make more sustainable design choices, to marketing an eco brand, to responsible materials and how they're produced. At the core of the platform is a joint "eco" goal, and any industry is welcome.
- Who else will I meet?
The Sustainable Fashion Collective is for entrepreneurs around the world who are passionate and determined to build successful businesses, sustainably and ethically. In a nutshell, if you’re building a fashion business or want to start, and you want to get help, inspiration, powerful strategies and a support network to help you succeed without harming the environment or the people who make your products, then you’ll love the Professional Membership.
- Can I cancel if my business changes direction, or I can no longer afford the subscription?
Yes, understandably circumstances change - and we saw that most profoundly during the brunt of Covid-19. You can halt your subscription to a specific future date, or cancel completely directly in your account. You won't be eligible to receive any new trial offers if you resubscribe, however we're always open to providing support so don't hesitate to send an email to explain your situation; for instance, over the lockdown we offered particular offers for struggling businesses.
- Am I able to use your platform to share my business?
Due to the reach we have, being a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective is an authentic way to share who you are, and your story. We offer the opportunity to present a 'Member Highlight' on our platform to other Members, and each month we'll highlight a Member's business on social media. We also provide our blog space to hold conversations, so if there is something you really want to chat about, then simply get in touch with us to show your interest. We also have the growing Facebook group solely for fashion business owners, so here you can share your business or chat with other founders.
"It's so interesting to hear other brands talk about how they started. If you're feeling overwhelmed, you listen to the videos and it gives you ideas on what you can do too."
"There's loads of information that I'll just keep going back to!"
"...it's been incredibly helpful. There are some great people talking, and you've introduced us to new brands as well."
"To listen to masterclasses that start from the beginning, then you can double check that you've done all those things - that makes sense!"
Find more testimonials here.
Watch Professional Member Rachel Carvell-Spedding's testimonial:
SO... ARE YOU IN?
To become a Professional member and access the website, all you need to do is first register your interest as a free member just below.
What happens once you sign up?
Once you have signed up, you will receive an email to set up your login and password for The Sustainable Fashion Collective. If it doesn't land in your inbox, please check your junk mail and add the sender to your contacts to prevent any further emails heading there.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you are experiencing any problems: [email protected]
(this is the most direct and quickest route to contact us).
How do I access the full content?
Once you've registered and set up your password, you're then able to upgrade to a Professional Membership; The Sustainable Fashion Collective is a monthly subscription platform, with a recurring direct debit. This means that you can be based anywhere in the world, and still be able to be a Professional Member. Your monthly subscription will continue automatically once you have signed up, and payments will be deducted monthly on the same day - however, you can cancel anytime, and rejoin at any time.
Membership costs £31.50/month.
You can subscribe on a rolling monthly basis, or get your first four months for the price of two (that's just £15.75 per month!)
How to cancel your Professional Membership
You can cancel your Professional Membership at any time from your profile by going to "My Account" in the menu. Cancelling your recurring payment will deactivate your Membership, so you will no longer be able to log in to the site, no matter how long is left until your next due payment. You will then be downgraded to a free membership, meaning you can continue to access the blog, live Q&A's and lesson outlines, but not the full content. You can resubscribe at the normal monthly fee whenever you're ready.
Terms and conditions
- First register your interest as a free member, then follow instructions to complete registration - you will receive an email workflow to introduce you to the platform and logistics.
- Upgrade to a Professional Membership whenever you're ready, but note that you can only access one trial offer. So to upgrade with a rolling monthly subscription of £31.50 means that you are no longer eligible for any other sign-up offers, even if you cancel your membership and resubscribe.
- You'll receive a confirmation of payment email. Your log in for the Professional Membership is the same as for the free membership that you have already set up. Ensure we're added as a safe sender.
- Once subscribed as a Professional Member, you'll receive a new email workflow specifically aimed at getting you started on the platform, and with navigation. You'll also receive toolkits and planning workbooks.
- Your subscription will automatically renew on the date your "trial" ends i.e. one month or four months, depending on what you select as your subscription starter.
- No further trial subscriptions are applicable, even if you cancel and rejoin at a later date.
- Cancel your account in "My Account" (you need to be logged in) where there should be a cancel button visible. If you have trouble, simply email and we can do it manually for you >> [email protected]
- If you choose to cancel before your subscription month is up, Your access will be revoked and you will no longer be a Professional Member, so cancel the day before your subscription is due to renew or roll on. No pro rata memberships are available.