Introduction to Certifications
Certification is a vast topic, so to kick us off, we take a look at the basics to give you an understanding of the fundamentals so you can make more informed decisions.
In this video you'll learn:
- What certification means and why they exist.
- About the stages of certification: standard, compliance and audits.
- Important things to remember when looking into certification.
- Why certification isn't for everyone.
- If you need certification as a brand.
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Choosing Certifications for Your Design Businesswith Paola Masperi
Paola Masperi founded, Mayamiko, a fashion and lifestyle label that puts people and planet at the heart of everything they do. Mayamiko runs their workshop in Malawi, Eastern Africa, where they train and employ women from the community. With first-hand experience of becoming a certified brand, Paola has an incredible wealth of knowledge. Hear about the process Mayamiko went through to choose their certifications, the impact these have had on their business, and how other brands should approach the decision themselves.