How to Work with Local Manufacturers and Use it to Boost Your Business
Simon Middleton is the founder of the Shackleton brand and a new menswear business, Blackshore. Simon left Shackleton in September 2016, supposedly with early retirement in mind, but got restless and dreamt up a new made-in-Britain menswear brand, called Blackshore. He is also the author of three books, including Build a Brand in 30 Days. Simon runs us through working with local manufacturers, and the importance of telling the story.
In this video, you'll learn:
- A bit about Simon and the amazing Kickstarter campaign that funded Shackleton.
- Why Simon is passionate about making locally.
- What to look for when selecting a factory.
- The fabrics and factories he chose.
- Tips for developing trust with suppliers/manufacturers.
- How to use "Made in the UK" to tell the story and boost your business.
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Managing the Higher Cost of Manufacturing Locallywith Charlie Bradley Ross
Is it really cheaper to manufacture overseas? Often, companies jump into 'cheap' manufacturing overseas, without considering the myriad of hidden costs, and the difficulties this may pose to quality assurance. Here, we discuss the various benefits of reshoring your production in regards to price and quality control.