Sustainable Buttons made of Milk and Nuts
Buttons may seem like a very small component of the fashion industry, but these small fasteners have a big history. In this episode, we talk with one company about the British heritage industry they're trying to save, the return to natural materials for haberdashery, and the innovative future of green technology and button making.
In this video, you'll learn:
- The dying art of button-making and keeping it alive
- A look at some of the unique materials, including nuts, milk and coffee beans that are used to create buttons
- How these natural materials can beat polyester buttons
- About the impact of sustainability and making buttons
- Additional methods to lower the environmental and social impact of producing buttons
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?