Agraloop™: Producing and Working with BioFibres
In this Technical Tutorial, guest expert Ricardo Garay the Project Co-Ordinator for the Agraloop™ arm of the materials science company Circular Systems, joins us to explain what Agraloop™ is, how it is challenging the circular fashion system, and how you as a designer or brand can utilise its fascinating waste food-crop fibre.
In this video you'll learn:
- About how Circular Systems was founded and the guiding principles of the company
- About the Agraloop™ technology and the circular principles behind it
- How Agraloop™ holds the potential to benefit both farming and fashion
- The difference between Agraloop™ bio fibres and man-made cellulosic materials
- How Agraloop™ technology can be scaled and how it can be used by local farming communities around the world
- About the finished fabrics created with Agraloop™ fibres and how to access them as a designer
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?