Decreasing Clothing Discard By Increasing Engagement
Joining us for July's panel discussion about recycled textiles, we welcomed Hannah Carter, campaign manager of London's Love Not Landfill recycling campaign, and Olivia Weber, the designer behind Trashion Factory, an upcycled fashion label. Find out more about textile recycling systems in the UK, how designers can engage their audience with issues of textile waste, and where to go to source discarded clothes and deadstock fabrics.
In this video you'll learn:
- How recycling habits and upcycling practices can help reduce the amount of textiles sent to landfill
- What happens to clothing that's put into textile recycling banks
- The pros and cons of donating clothes to charity vs using textile banks
- Where discarded clothing and deadstock fabrics can be sourced for upcycling
- Methods for engaging local communities or 16-24 year olds with textile recycling, in person and online
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?