Identifying Common Faults In Fashion Fabrics
Product technologist Sarah Blackham takes us through a three-part session on fabric testing. In part one we identify common faults in fashion fabrics, with a look at considerations you should make when working and communicating with a fabric producer.
Thumbnail image: www.intouch-quality.com
In this video you'll learn:
- About the properties and common faults of the three common categories of fashion fabrics
- What faults commonly occur during fabric and garment production and the causes of each
- What checks you can personally carry out to visually inspect fabrics for faults
- What faults commonly occur during wash and wear and the causes of each
- How to check with factories that they are maintaining high standards throughout production to ensure faults are minimised
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
What Are Skin-Friendly Fabrics?with Mery Díez Herbosa
In this bitesize Lesson, Mery Diez Herbosa, representing the team behind PYRATES Smart Fabrics, provides a helpful introduction to skin-friendly fabrics, including which toxic chemicals you should be avoiding and which properties to embrace for clothing that is healthy for the skin and the environment!