Essential Things to Know About Dyeing, Society of Dyers and Colourists
The Society of Dyers and Colourists is the world’s leading independent, educational charity delivering technical colouration expertise. Their mission is to educate the changing world in the science of colour. In this video, they drill down the absolute "must-know" facts when it comes to the world of outsourcing dyeing, dyes to watch out for and how to source responsibly dyed fabrics.
In this Lesson you will learn:
- How to work with a dye lab and encourage more sustainable practices.
- The three key things to check before placing a bulk dye order.
- Advice to accurately colour match.
- Tips for producing a more sustainable dye facility and method.
- What restricted substances are.
- The difference between an RSL and an mRSL.
- The most dangerous chemical dyes to avoid.
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
The Negative Impacts of Dyeingwith Charlie Bradley Ross
In my opinion, producing designs responsibly comes down to some good old fashioned common sense. When you arm yourself with the knowledge of what makes dyeing unsustainable and understand the irresponsible practices to avoid, you will naturally begin to ask your suppliers the right questions and be able to help those who aren't already, move towards more ethical practices.