Mayamiko: Using Fashion To Increase Awareness of Sustainable Fibres and Empower Local Communities
We’re delighted to be joined by Paola Masperi, founder of the Mayamiko Trust and the womenswear label Mayamiko. In this interview, Paola explains all of the ways in which Mayamiko use fashion as a platform for empowering change within communities, and learning along the way how to work with sustainable fibres that adapt to the viability of the location.
In this video you'll learn:
- How the Mayamiko womenswear brand and the Mayamiko were established by Paola
- About how Mayamiko supports and works with local communities in Malawi
- How Paola worked to find a balance between working with sustainable fabrics and operating an ethical business
- How to find compromise in sourcing sustainable fabrics in countries where local infrastructure makes this difficult
- About Mayamiko's partnership with organic cotton manufacturers Cotonea
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Find out more here or, click to enjoy our free articles before upgrading