Fab Little Bag: solving a huge environmental problem & nabbing Waitrose as their first stockist
Martha Silcott, CEO of Loopeeze Ltd and the inventor of FabLittleBag™, talks about her incredible journey and let's us in on some of her most amazing trade secrets! We chat everything from patents, to how she bagged Waitrose as her first stockist, to how to raise big money. She’s a self proclaimed "Queen of Tenacity" and truly the most amazing blend of an inventor with a creative idea that is solving a HUGE environmental problem with the business brains to boot.
In this video you'll learn:
- What a FabLittleBag™ is and how it came to be produced (Martha talks about how they had to make an entirely new machine to produce the first design!)
- A brief timeline of how the business started & how they've grown since.
- The process of designing & sourcing 35% biodegradable packaging.
- The process of copyrighting and patenting the design.
- At what point FabLittleBag™ needed funding.
- An overview of the funding options available for businesses and the pros and cons of the avenues they looked into.
- How to approach different financial sources and what you need to have in place.
- Valuable lessons learned and anything they would have done differently.
- Words of advice for designers starting out in business.
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?