DAME: Changing Periods For Good
Celia Pool, co-founder of sustainable period products brand DAME, joined us to introduce what the business mission is, how the products were designed to be healthy and tested to be functional, and the barriers preventing accessibility of sustainable period products across the world.
Thumbnail image: DAME'S London bus advertisement aiming to normalise the tampon and menstruation. **Unfortunately the thumbnail was removed from YouTube for flouting their "indecent nudity and sex regulation" - yet another reason why we have to normalise menstruation.
In this video you'll learn:
- How DAME are setting out to change the period product market with environmentally and human friendly tampons and pads
- What are the biggest environmental and social issues associated with period products
- About period poverty and its knock-on effects
- How DAME are changing consumer mindsets around re-usables
- What the benefits of B Corp membership are for a brand just starting out
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?