Ethical employment for small fashion businesses, with WageIndicator
A free virtual talk on ethical employment and legal considerations, particularly for small fashion businesses.
Modern-day slavery still exists in the $30 billion global fashion industry. Beneath the glamorous top layer lies murky depths of broken labour laws, poor worker conditions, and staggeringly low wages.
This free session hosted by The Sustainable Fashion Collective will focus on WageIndictor's work improving working conditions and wages in the garment industry. We will talk about:
- Supporting brands to implement living wages throughout their supply chain
- Assessing compliance with labour laws in garment factories and workers' perspectives on working conditions through our DecentWorkCheck survey and WorkerPriorityPolls.
- Strengthening social dialogues and collective bargaining processes by making them data- and worker-driven.
- How WageIndicator tools can help brands improve working conditions in their supply chains and comply with the upcoming EU Directive on Due Diligence in the Garment and Footwear Sector.
- The DecentWorkCheck and WorkerPriorityPolls from work in Indonesia and Ethiopia.
A Q&A portion at the end of the session will ensure that you leave with a better understanding of ethical employment and how to apply these learnings to a small, sustainable fashion business.
To access the zoom link, reserve your ticket via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ethical-employment-for-small-businesses-with-wageindicator-tickets-623651968827.
- Los Angeles
- Wednesday May 17th, 2023 - 06:30am
- Wednesday May 17th, 2023 - 14:30pm
- Wednesday May 17th, 2023 - 19:00pm
- Wednesday May 17th, 2023 - 23:30pm