How to Design Your Own Handwoven Fabric
A free virtual talk on designing and producing your own sustainable handwoven fabric.
ABOUT THIS EVENT:
From exploring a vast array of natural and recycled raw materials to overseeing production, export and delivery, this free session hosted by The Sustainable Fashion Collective will guide you through what you need to consider when designing and making your own hand-woven fabrics. There will be a Q&A portion at the end of the session to ensure that you leave understanding how to apply these learnings to a small, sustainable fashion business.
Join Charlie Bradley Ross from The Sustainable Fashion Collective in discussion with Jackie Corlett from Motif for this hour-long virtual event at 6pm on Wednesday 2nd November, with a chance for audience Q&As at the end – where all your questions on this topic will be answered.
HOW TO JOIN:
Register via Eventbrite, and you’ll receive an email with a Zoom link before the event.
Time & date: 6pm - 7pm, Wednesday 2nd November 2022
- Once you have registered, the link and password to join the session will be emailed to you a few days before the event.
- This talk has a limited capacity, and entry will be provided on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, so please arrive early.
- You will be muted upon entry – please remain muted for the duration of the discussion unless requested.
- Your video will also be turned off, but please feel free to turn it back on!
- The video will be recorded and available for replays for Professional Members of The Sustainable Fashion Collective.
ABOUT THE HOST:
Charlie Bradley Ross (Director, Offset Warehouse & The Sustainable Fashion Collective)
Charlie is the Director of The Sustainable Fashion Collective, a holistic guidance and expert advice platform for responsible fashion and creative design entrepreneurs. The Sustainable Fashion Collective offers free membership with access to resources and events as well as a community of like-minded business owners – join here: https://www.the-sustainable-fashion-collective.com/join.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Jackie Corlett (Founder, Motif)
Born of a decades-long love affair with the traditional crafts of Bangladesh, Jackie Corlett set up Motif Handmade. Now conscious designers and brands of any size have access to exquisite fair trade, handmade fabrics and small-batch production. These beautiful sustainable textiles delight their wearers, stabilise craft communities, and will not trash our planet! Since 1989, Jackie has collaborated with both emerging and established businesses, introducing many to the wealth of heritage craft skills in Bangladesh.
Sign up for their newsletter and receive a free 5 Step Guide to Design & Produce your own Handwoven Fabric here
Visit website / Request a trade account here
Visit Etsy store for retail here
Follow them on Instagram @motif.jackie here
Connect on LinkedIn here
- Los Angeles
- Wednesday Nov 2nd, 2022 - 11:00am
- Wednesday Nov 2nd, 2022 - 18:00pm
- Wednesday Nov 2nd, 2022 - 23:30pm
- Thursday Nov 3rd, 2022 - 05:00am
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Find out more here or, click to enjoy our free articles before upgrading