Shaping sustainability & zero waste fashion with Dr. Timo Rissanen
Join us for the live Q&A with Timo Rissanen, the Assistant Professor of Fashion Design and Sustainability at Parsons The New School for Design.
Listen and learn from Timo's considered approach to fashion design. His creative practice spans artistic textile theatre, research into future fashion scenarios, and most notably, the inquiry into designing lean and minimally with zero-waste production.
Timo's career has been both practice-based and theoretical. Along with Kate Fletcher, Mathilda Tham and Lynda Grose, he is a founding member of the Union of Concerned Researchers in Fashion, who connect with researchers across other disciplines to encourage further engagement with sustainable fashion solutions. At the start of his career, Timo founded a zero-waste menswear brand, so he also has the commercial know-how to show you practical solutions to your design headaches.
- Los Angeles
- Wednesday Sep 11th, 2019 - 08:00am
- Wednesday Sep 11th, 2019 - 16:00pm
- Wednesday Sep 11th, 2019 - 20:30pm
- Thursday Sep 12th, 2019 - 01:00am
In this Live Q&A, we cover:
- How Timo first discovered zero-waste design principles and why it was so important to him
- The creative projects Timo is constantly working on, such as 'cross-stitch poetry' and 'designing endurance'
- His methods as a professor; how he teaches sustainable fashion
- Ways that you as a responsible fashion business can utilise zero-waste design principles
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Find out more here or, click to enjoy our free articles before upgrading