Taming Your Internal Critic
The conversations we have with ourselves can have powerful implications on the kinds of decisions we make and the goals we want to achieve for our business. Do you ever convince yourself that you're out of your depth? Particularly when starting a new enterprise it can be all too easy to succumb to the dreaded voice whispering things like “that’s a silly idea”, or “people won’t like that, forget it!” And what about in the ways we measure our sustainability, the very thing we are all here to achieve? Constantly questioning whether we are doing enough or the right things to make a positive impact in the fashion industry, might, in fact, be the obstacle that prevents us from progressing in our endeavours and actually making a difference.
In this positive-thinking webinar, Jo Garside introduces the concept of the internal critic and the seven different types it can manifest into, depending on the demands we place on ourselves. She will apply the concept to the kinds of situations specifically fashion entrepreneurs may encounter in their career, drawing out relevant and practical tools to tame negative self-talk and imposter syndrome that you can integrate into your daily life.
- Los Angeles
- Wednesday Jun 5th, 2019 - 03:00am
- Wednesday Jun 5th, 2019 - 11:00am
- Wednesday Jun 5th, 2019 - 15:30pm
- Wednesday Jun 5th, 2019 - 20:00pm
By the end of the session, you will:
- Understand the concept of the internal critic and why it is so powerful
- Recognise the seven types of internal critic, how they are triggered and what they stop us from doing
- Have tools to tame your internal critic so they feel less powerful
- Recognise the difference between the voice of the internal critic vs your own voice so you have more confidence in your abilities.
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?