Toxic Fashion: Chemicals Used In The Textile Industry
Are you wearing new clothes without washing them? Do you know how to remove formaldehyde from clothing (... yes, there may be cancer-causing formaldehyde in your wardrobe!)
Understanding the chemicals used in clothing manufacturing and in the production of textiles is central in the debate around sustainable fashion.
For this webinar, we brought in experts from Chemsec to discuss the topic and take questions, so you can find out once and for all, the impact your designs are having on the environment and the people who make them, and how to reduce these impacts as much as possible.
- Los Angeles
- Monday Dec 31st, 2018 - 16:00pm
- Tuesday Jan 1st, 2019 - 00:00am
- Tuesday Jan 1st, 2019 - 05:30am
- Tuesday Jan 1st, 2019 - 11:00am
- The negative effects of chemicals in textiles and how can we begin to solve these issues.
- What chemicals are bad and good, and where do you find alternatives?
- Is there a way to test your fabric for chemicals and what to do if you find them in your clothing.
- What to do as a brand if your supplier is not forthcoming with the chemicals they are using.
- How to find dyes, chemicals and dye labs for smaller quantities.
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?