Sustainable Knitwear Design Panel Discussion
No Nasties Knitwear, Without Sacrificing on Style
A panel discussion with four leaders in the Knitwear Industry - Katie Jones from Katie Jones Knit, Alison Baker from Ally Bee Knitwear, Timothy Andrews from Knitworks London and Kate Morris from CROP. Learn about Katie Jones' foray into Make It Yourself knitwear, how Alison Baker overcame the challenge of sourcing ethical and sustainable natural fibres for her knitwear line, Timothy Andrews' leading industry tips on the construction and design of knitwear, and Kate Morris on her award wins and navigating the knitwear design world whilst sticking to your ethics.
This panel discussion focuses on the challenges that brands face when producing sustainable and ethical knitwear and how they overcome this, ethical alternatives to mass-produced products, issues with quality control, and ways you can diversify your income streams. Our speakers have a width and breadth of knowledge, that will help you build or establish your knitwear business, or merely grow your knowledge on the knitwear industry itself.
- Los Angeles
- Tuesday Oct 16th, 2018 - 17:00pm
- Wednesday Oct 17th, 2018 - 01:00am
- Wednesday Oct 17th, 2018 - 05:30am
- Wednesday Oct 17th, 2018 - 11:00am
In this video, you'll learn:
- Sustainable yarns including Cradle2Cradle certified and vegan, and how to source them.
- Ethical production including B-Corps certifications and zero waste.
- The challenges of sustainable knitwear including working with Alpaca and upcycling yarns.
- Pricing knitwear & wholesale business models.
- Changing business strategy.
- The importance of understanding the technicals.
- Tips for running a sustainable knitwear brand.
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Find out more here or, click to enjoy our free articles before upgrading