Creating luxury natural sportswear fabrics
There are an array of exciting innovations taking place in the cellulosic materials space and PYRATES Smart Fabrics materials company are one to watch. Their natural, smart fabrics have been developed to protect and care for the body while leaving a minimal impact on the planet and its resources.
We were delighted to be joined by Mery Díez Herbosa from the PYRATES R&D and Production department to explain more about how vegetal, biodegradable and upcycled fibres can be transformed into luxury knit fabrics.
In this video you'll learn:
- About PYRATES Smart Fabrics, an exciting and innovative R&D company developing fabrics for the modern world
- About PYRATEX® fabrics and what makes them a sustainable cellulosic option for sportswear
- How the team choose the fibres they work with and their sustainable credentials
- How they achieve active properties in their fabrics
- About working with biopolymer yarns: the challenges and the opportunities this offers for sportswear designers
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Working with artisans of toquilla and chambira palm textile fibrewith Maria Cuji
A beautiful story of textile designer Maria Cuji working with artisans in her native Ecuador to learn their skills with processing toquilla and chambira palms for textile fibre, and contemporising the methods for an increased awareness of these indigenous communities and the crafts passed down through generations.