Running a Bricks & Mortar & an Introduction to Franchising with Wendy Batten, Front Porch Mercantile
We had the pleasure of interviewing Wendy Batten, founder and director of Front Porch Mercantile, a retail store in North America selling beautiful, reclaimed furniture which you can buy fully upcycled with their own ethical paints, or, you can join in one of their workshops to learn how to do it yourself (among many other things). An incredible nose for business, Wendy is also a coach and works with two of the biggest ethical paint lines in North America. But even more impressive, is that just five years in, Wendy has franchised the business and is currently opening store numbers three and four!
In this video you'll learn:
- Wendy's eureka moment for starting the business.
- Why Wendy has such a passion for sustainability.
- How they source their reclaimed products.
- Who the target market is and how to get in front of them.
- The steps to setting up a shop.
- Top tips for building and running a bricks and mortar business.
- The drivers behind Wendy's quick success.
- An overview of franchising, and how it works for Wendy's business.
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Find out more here or, click to enjoy our free articles before upgrading
Conquer Your Anxiety Around Saleswith Melanie Brooks
The fear of not being able to sell your product can be overwhelming. After all of the hours, money and love you've invested creating your product - the thought that your customer might not like it is scary! But, guess what - it's completely normal.
The key is to not let the worry paralyse you. To teach us how to combat anxiety around sales, we have this Masterclass from the brilliant Melanie Brooks!