You're now a free member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective - welcome! You can look forward to weekly emails with the latest updates in Sustainable Fashion and you also have access to News Articles and Live Events.
Want more? Upgrade to Professional Membership
Alongside Free Membership, we offer Professional Membership where aspiring ethical design entrepreneurs and responsible businesses can access monthly-refreshed resources, holistic guidance and expert advice. You can upgrade from a Free Membership to a Professional Membership at any time.
Become a Professional Member - 4 MONTH TRIAL OFFER
Membership costs £31.50/month. Set up your recurring payment below. Cancel at any time.
Sign up now and get your first four months for the price of two:
Please Log In First
Become a Professional Member - 1 MONTH TRIAL
Alternatively, if you feel instead that you still just want to see what we're about, you can trial a one month subscription for the standard cost of £31.50. You can still cancel after that first month directly in your account. Please note: you won't be eligible for any other offers as your subscription upgrade will already be set in motion.
What's Included in Professional Membership?
Professional Members can access an online learning resource offering guidance for setting up, developing and growing creative businesses sustainably and responsibly. With advice, insight and direction from experts and brands at the forefront of the industry, month by month, designers become well-informed and responsible entrepreneurs.
Professional membership of The Collective will give you access to valuable information and resources from across the fashion industry updated monthly in the form of our Masterclasses, including:
Who are the experts?
Click here to explore the hundreds of industry experts of The Sustainable Fashion Collective who have participated in exclusive Masterclasses, Tutorials and Masterminds you can enjoy as a Professional Member.
We think the club is incredible - but don't just take our word for it! Click here to read and watch testimonials from Professional Members.
And it doesn't stop there; as a Professional Member, you will also have access to:
- Events: free and discounted tickets to our physical events and creative workshops.
- Eco fabrics: early bird access with discounts to restocked and brand new Offset Warehouse fabrics (you'll have an open Membership-only discount code to use whenever you like). Along with exciting exclusives from leading sustainable textile manufacturers.
- Community: a private, members-only Facebook page, so you can connect with your peers, learn from each other and get feedback and advice.
- Check-ins: with our reach of eco-conscious shoppers and creatives, and network of responsible industry professionals, we are well placed to share who you are. Check-ins provide an opportunity for you to update us on your and your business, for us to then share on our multitude of social channels.
- Content and blog space: as a Professional Member, we provide you also with the opportunity to talk about yourself, and we know how nerve-wracking that can be. Answering questions in video or written format will help you digest what you're doing, and also get your name out there.
- Lots of other goodies from partner companies, such as discounted business magazine subscriptions, free platform memberships, and exclusive fashion product offers.
Each month we release a Masterclass on a different topic directly related to growing a sustainable business. For each masterclass, we've enlisted the help of one or more experts to record webinars that take you through all of the crucial information you need to know on that topic. We also include useful external links and downloadable resources, saving you hours trawling through the internet to find answers to your questions.
Whether you're an existing business, or looking to start a new venture, there will be a Masterclass that will suit the information you're seeking.
Past Masterclasses have included:
- Ethical fabrics and why we need to use them
- How to build a sustainable business model that you love
- Branding a sustainable business
- Working with sustainable cellulosic fibres
- The design process
- Funding your design business
- Where and how to sell: getting started and going it alone
- Understanding responsible wool production
Live Q&A's from industry experts
We host a monthly live, online Q&A session with an industry expert, or experts as a panel discussion format. If you're not available for the live session, you can send your questions in advance, and watch the replay whenever suits you.
One of the best ways to learn, is from people who have been in your shoes. We've interviewed some inspirational brands and have got down to the nitty gritty - from how to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign, to setting up a pop-up shop, to getting featured in Vogue, to Waitrose becoming a first stockist!
As well as providing you with business advice and holistic resources, it's essential that you're armed with all of the skills you need to create sustainable products that hold value with the user. But being sustainable can be a total minefield, which is why every month we cover a new topic from across the fashion and creative industries. Whether it's zero waste design, how wool is produced, or draping on the stand - there's something to be learnt from every tutorial.
These offer up a conversation on a specific issue within the Masterclass topic. There will always be a focus on holistic understanding so that you build up as many perspectives as possible, yet each lesson has a direction that will either give you the tools to try something out yourself, be better equipped to work on certain elements of your business, or boost your confidence with knowledge. And likely all of this! There will also be lessons that provide downloadables in the form of glossaries, templates, workbooks and toolkits.
We stay up to date with happenings across not only fashion, but craft, product design, architecture, material innovation and ecology. We share this with you via social media, but also tailored weekly newsletters. Three times a week you'll receive "Inspire" emails that will point you in the direction of Lessons suited to what's going on in the world, along with important news stories and any offers or events that we're hosting. We will send out our Masterclass newsletter on the 1st of every month so that you gain first access to everything we've been working on, and to help you straight away jot down in your calendar what you plan to watch, listen and read. Don't forget about the handy bookmark tool on our site!
Frequently Asked Questions
- I haven't launched my business yet, is Professional Membership for me?
Yes! Topics will include business planning, branding, fabric sourcing, building a social media presence and more. All of this is valuable to both a business that's just starting out, and a business that's been established for years.
- I need help sourcing innovative materials like eco wool, cork and pineapple, in small quantities - will the Professional Membership help me with that?
Yes! Founded by the brains behind Offset Warehouse, we're passionate about bringing smaller quantities of ethical and sustainable fabrics to our customers. As a Professional Member you'll hear from companies innovating in the responsible textile sphere, so you'll be able to get ahead of the game. We also offer a Member-only discount for Offset Warehouse, and often our experts will offer their own discounts.
- I'm a founder of a sustainable soft furnishings brand, so will the content focus on and most of the Members be in the fashion industry?
We started The Sustainable Fashion Collective with fashion designers in mind, but having said that, most of the advice caters to any creative who wants to build a brand sustainably: from setting up a business, to how to make more sustainable design choices, to marketing an eco brand, to responsible materials and how they're produced. At the core of the platform is a joint "eco" goal, and any industry is welcome.
- Who else will I meet?
The Sustainable Fashion Collective is for entrepreneurs around the world who are passionate and determined to build successful businesses, sustainably and ethically. In a nutshell, if you’re building a fashion business or want to start, and you want to get help, inspiration, powerful strategies and a support network to help you succeed without harming the environment or the people who make your products, then you’ll love the Professional Membership.
- Can I cancel if my business changes direction, or I can no longer afford the subscription?
Yes, understandably circumstances change - and we saw that most profoundly during the brunt of Covid-19. You can halt your subscription to a specific future date, or cancel completely directly in your account. You won't be eligible to receive any new trial offers if you resubscribe, however we're always open to providing support so don't hesitate to send an email to explain your situation; for instance, over the lockdown we offered particular offers for struggling businesses.
- Am I able to use your platform to share my business?
Due to the reach we have, being a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective is an authentic way to share who you are, and your story. We offer the opportunity to present a 'Member Highlight' on our platform to other Members, and each month we'll highlight a Member's business on social media. We also provide our blog space to hold conversations, so if there is something you really want to chat about, then simply get in touch with us to show your interest. We also have the growing Facebook group solely for fashion business owners, so here you can share your business or chat with other founders.
"It's so interesting to hear other brands talk about how they started. If you're feeling overwhelmed, you listen to the videos and it gives you ideas on what you can do too. "
"There's loads of information in the club that I'll just keep going back to!"
"...it's been incredibly helpful! There are some great people talking, and you've introduced us to new brands as well."
"To listen to masterclasses that start from the beginning, then you can double check that you've done all those things - that makes sense!"
SO... ARE YOU IN?
To become a Professional member and access the website, all you need to do is upgrade from a free member to a Professional Member just below. This is a monthly subscription platform, with a recurring direct debit. This means that you can be based anywhere in the world, and still be able to be a Professional Member. Your monthly subscription will continue automatically once you have signed up, and payments will be deducted monthly on the same day - however, you can cancel anytime, and rejoin at any time.
Membership costs £31.50/month. You can set up your recurring payment below. Get your first four months for the price of two (that's just £15.75 per month!)
Please Log In First
What happens once you sign up?
Once you have signed up, you will receive an email to set up your login and password for The Sustainable Fashion Collective. If it doesn't land in your inbox, please check your junk mail and add the sender to your contacts to prevent any further emails heading there.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you are experiencing any problems: [email protected] (this is the most direct and quickest route to contact us).
How to cancel your Professional Membership and downgrade to free membership
You can cancel your Professional Membership at any time from your profile by going to "My Account" in the menu. Cancelling your recurring payment will deactivate your Membership, so you will no longer be able to log in to the site on the date of your next due payment.
Terms and conditions
- Subscribe via the subscription options above
- You'll receive a confirmation of payment email, and your log in set up email. Ensure we're added as a safe sender.
- This will release a weekly check in email with toolkits to get you started.
- Your subscription will automatically renew on the date your "trial" ends i.e. one month or four months, depending on what you select above.
- No further trial subscriptions are applicable, even if you cancel and rejoin at a later date.
- Cancel your account in "My Account" (you need to be logged in) where there should be a cancel button visible. If you have trouble, simply email and we can do it manually for you >> [email protected]
- If you choose to cancel before your subscription month is up, it will kick you out and you will no longer be a Professional Member, so cancel the day before your subscription is due to renew or roll on. No pro rate memberships are available.