A guide to wool terms, production processes and specialty animal fibres [Downloadable]
Understanding terms associated with wool production from fibre to fabric will help when it comes to working with your producers, sourcing raw materials and finished textiles, and the aspects of manufacture that may require some sustainable and ethical solution updates. Use this glossary to take in the terminology, and build upon your knowledge.
In this downloadable guide you'll learn:
- Textile and wool-specific terminology
- Fibre and fabric properties specifically related to wool
- Terminology for finishing processes related to wool production
- Terminology for yarn properties and yarn manufacture related to wool production
- Description, uses and sustainability/welfare considerations for speciality animal hairs and furs
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Building Meaning Through Consciously Constructed Underwearwith Nicola Hopkins
Opening this Masterclass on Producing a Responsible Underwear and Lingerie Line, in this video, you'll meet Nicola Hopkins, founder of London-based design and development studio, Bold Intimates, and leader of this month's lessons.
Bold Intimates specialises in underwear, swimwear and activewear, with a focus on sustainability. Find out more about Nicola's experience and approach to creating meaningful experiences through consciously constructed underwear.