Introduction To Material Quality And Testing
Janet Wilson, a lecturer, trainer, and author of ‘Classic and Modern Fabrics: The Complete Illustrated Sourcebook’ joined us to introduce the steps and considerations you should take for material quality and testing.
Thumbnail image: www.intouch-quality.com
In this lesson you will learn:
- Why quality in your products and materials is so important, particularly for sustainable and ethical businesses
- What the mandatory textile and clothing methods are
- What REACH means and how it applies your business
- How to create accurate labels and the consequences of having unsubstantiated claims about 'vegan', 'waterproof' and 'recycled' on your products
- The importance as an ethical business to conduct tests, even when not mandatory
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?