Fabrics: How Is Tencel Environmentally Responsible?
With more and more studies showing the impact that manufacturing is having on our world, it is great to see an exciting option become more widely available. Designers choose their fabrics for a multitude of reasons, but one we should start considering is the sustainability of that fabric. Products such as Tencel, are an inspiring step into the future of a more environmentally conscious industry.
In this video you’ll learn:
- What is the raw material used to make Tencel? Is it natural or synthetic?
- How is Tencel made?
- What is the difference between Tencel and lyocell?
- How is the fibre turned into a thread?
- What are its properties that you can use to your design advantage?
- What makes the fibre environmentally responsible?
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Find out more here or, click to enjoy our free articles before upgrading