How Community Businesses Can Save The High Street
Polly Swann, co-author of the Power To Change working report, "Saving The High Street: The Community Takeover" joined us to explain further on what a community business is, how they can help shape a regenerative high street, and how to work with the local authorities and organisations around you to make an impact that will benefit local residents, and those visiting from outside.
As a fashion or creative business, is working on a community model for your local area more in your interests than being an outright social enterprise?
In this Lesson you will learn:
- About the role community businesses play in high street regeneration and supporting the local area and its residents more widely
- What defines a "community business"
- About the Power to Change trust, the support it offers to local businesses and the findings of its report, 'Saving the High Street'
- Strategies to ensure your business is relevant to the local area
- Approaches for working with local councils, fellow local business owners, as well as residents
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
What Survival Strategies Are Fashion Retail Businesses Using Over The Covid-19 Pandemic?with Stephanie Steele
We checked in with fashion retail businesses across the globe to gain insight on their coping strategies, positive opportunities and practical advice for other fashion brands looking to open a physical shop or be stocked.
Main image: Danielle MacInnes on Unsplash