Pricing Strategies for Ethical Brands
This is a 31 minute Lesson. For many social entrepreneurs, embracing the dualism — do good and make money — is not easy. Never the less, it's undeniable that in order to make any continued, positive impact, you must absolutely make money - so how do you reconcile the two?
With invaluable experience working alongside huge fashion names, such as Karl Lagerfeld, Jeroen van der Heide turned his passion for fashion to do social good and co-founded Impakt Tribe, a Netherlands-based platform that connects start-ups to Impact Investors. He launched his own companies with crowdfunding campaigns and uses his knowledge of this popular method to help businesses navigate the tricky path of early investments. In this video he talks about starting his own zero-waste T-shirt brand, TShared, where his customers vote on which designs get manufactured. His approach to the topic of money is refreshingly honest and he offers straightforward answers to questions that we might sometimes turn a blind eye to.
In this Lesson you will learn:
- About crowdfunding campaigns that get results
- How much is enough to set up a sustainable fashion business?
- How to get started when you're inexperienced
- About risky, early-stage investments
- How to communicate the value of your product. What is worth highlighting to maintain integrity and to explain the price to your audience?
- Why transparency matters and adds value to your product
- Pricing strategy tips for ethical brands
- Is it worth experimenting with your product prices?
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Pricing A Fashion Product For Retailerswith Maria Pesin
Have you ever wondered what it takes to grow a multi-million dollar business? This is a 32 minute Lesson with Vibe Consulting, a New York-based sales consultancy founded by Maria Pesin. Maria is a senior apparel industry executive with over 30 years of field experience and responsible for launching and growing several multimillion-dollar fashion businesses, including Sienna Studio and the Jessica Simpson brand.
In this Lesson, Maria offers her tips on selling styles to retailers - drawing on her experience of working with the likes of Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale’s and Nordstrom - as well as how to manage and better structure your markdowns during sale seasons.