Manufacturing 101 with Utelier.com
We couldn't think of a better fit than Dessy Tsolova, the founder of Utelier.com, to take us through the fundamentals of Manufacturing. Utelier.com is a global B2B online fashion-manufacturing marketplace connecting fashion entrepreneurs to industry specialists like manufacturers, suppliers and experts. With over 15 years of experience in the fashion industry, Dessy noticed a lack of transparency in the sector. She also saw the difficulties that many entrepreneurs and small brands experienced turning the simplest of ideas into a product - and all of the time and money they were wasting! The lack of information and dysfunctionality in the industry was something that she couldn't ignore, and so she decided to do something about it and founded Utelier.com.
In this video, you'll learn:
- Three top tips to remember when you work with a manufacturer.
- The different types of manufacturers and the best one for your brand.
- How to transition from smaller runs to more substantial production.
- What the manufacturer needs before they start production.
- What a spec pack is.
- The difference between manufacturing locally vs Internationally.
- How to select a factory.
- How to manage your factory and production schedule.
- How to optimise delivery expectations.
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Working Responsibly with Manufacturers and Agentswith Maeve Wadge
Maeve Wadge has a wealth of experience in garment production, with a comprehensive knowledge of ethical and sustainable supply routes. Her company, Sourcing Sustainably, offers a range of services to support international businesses sourcing apparel from South Asia. From conception, through design and into bulk production, Maeve and her team can guide you through each stage of the process to ensure you receive a high-quality product from a supply chain you can be proud of. In this video, Maeve discusses the benefits of working with an agency and also has brilliant, unique advice on manufacturing ethically.