How To Build A Uniform And Merchandise Collection
The manufacturing of durable, comfortable and attractive uniforms is important to all hospitality businesses and for those that place luxury front and center of their brand image, it's absolutely essential. For Katie Young Gerald, these factors can all be achieved through premium quality fabrics and attention to detail, particularly when it comes to the heritage of a brand and the people that make it what it is today.
Katie's business, Bespoke Textiles, has been designing and supplying uniforms and merchandise to hospitality brands for over 10 years. Her book, The Textile Touch, is a number one bestseller and has helped businesses translate their brand style into 'textile touch points'. In this video, we chat to her about her experience working with some of the top brands in the industry, how to develop uniform and merchandise collections and what makes good branding beyond just the logo.
In this video you'll learn:
- About designing and manufacturing a hospitality uniform collection
- The key considerations for sustainability within the hospitality sector
- How textile elements can enhance a brand's image and heritage
- How to devise a premium merchandise collection and how to integrate within a core collection
- Why longevity is so important when designing accessories and uniforms and how to embed this into your manufacturing process
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Using Accessories To Nurture Creativity While Increasing Your Audiencewith Valentina Karellas
Though perhaps seen as "extras" to a fashion collection, knitted accessories are an essential part of seasonal gift-giving. Here we learn how these small accessible products help to nurture creativity and provide an additional stream of sustainable conversation, with London-based knitwear designer-maker Valentina Karellas.