Working with Sustainable Bamboo, with Merryn Chillcott of BAM
Merryn joined BAM in 2017, initially as a garment technologist before taking on her current role as Sustainability and Technical Manager. Now, Merryn is responsible for driving BAM’s sustainability agenda forward, ensuring the company stays at the cutting edge of responsible fashion and reducing BAM’s impact across every element of materials sourcing, manufacturing, production and operations. In this interview, we discuss some of the incredible accomplishments within sustainability BAM has made, including getting to the bottom of the ever-elusive issue of sustainable bamboo.
In this video, you'll learn:
- How BAM sourced the most sustainable bamboo possible.
- How BAM mapped their supply chain and why it's important.
- The questions to ask and information to look for when mapping your own supply chain.
- How BAM are carbon offsetting.
- About the sustainability credentials and limitations of bamboo viscose.
- The biggest sustainability challenges facing bamboo viscose production.
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?