Supporting Communities with Handwoven Textiles
Learn more about the history – and present – of handwoven textiles from a women's cooperative in India.
In this video, you'll learn:
- About the founder and her freedom-fighting family
- The history of khadi cloth
- How handwoven textiles have a positive impact
- The red flags to help you spot exploitation in the industry
- About working with the weaving community
- The myths (and facts) surrounding handwoven textiles
- About the properties of handwoven fabric
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?