Sheep Inc.: Climate Negative and Socially Positive Knitwear
Tackling environmental issues in agriculture and in fashion, we knew we had to speak to knitwear brand Sheep Inc. for this month's Masterclass on Understanding Responsible Wool Production. Sheep Inc. is short for 'Sheep Included' and speaks volumes about how the business have placed this woolly farm animal front and centre, both for encouraging consumer buy-in and for solving CO2 emissions.
In this video with brand co-founder Edzard van der Wyck, we hear how the Sheep Inc. sweater was born out of the desire for a quality product, transparency, a drive to understand sustainability, and a beautiful flock of New Zealand merino sheep.
In this video you'll learn:
- Where the idea for carbon-negative knitwear brand, Sheep Inc., came from
- The three main issues with sustainable fashion Sheep Inc. set out to tackle
- What makes cashmere and merino wool sustainable material choices for knitwear
- What it's like to source from New Zealand sheep farms, animal welfare and regenerative farming
- How Sheep Inc. have calculated their carbon footprint and how they're working to offset and reduce it
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?