Selkie Patterns: Sewing Patterns and Sustainable Fabrics [Member Highlight]
We sat down to chat with Caroline Akselson, one half of the fabulous Selkie Patterns and member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective. Selkie Patterns is an online store offering stylish and practical sewing patterns and beautiful organic and Fair Trade fabrics printed in the UK. Caroline and co-founder Alexandra launched their business in 2018 with a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign. We asked Caroline to share her experience of taking the crowdfunding route, as well as how sustainability is integrated into Selkie Patterns product offering.
In this video you'll learn:
- What its like to raise business finances using Kickstarter
- Tips for running your own crowdfunding campaign
- How start from a small product line and time-managing your expansion
- What it's like to work with ethical and UK-based manufacturers
- Advice for startups at the beginning of the process
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?