Rockay Socks: More wearing, less washing
Manufacturing environmentally conscious clothing is challenging - but what happens when you also have to meet the demands of the high performance running community too? Rockay Socks set out to tackle the ocean waste problem through the use of yarns made from recycled plastics, while also providing high quality, long-lasting, comfortable and all-round high performing running socks. How did they do it?
In this interview, we chat with them and find out how they created the world's first performance socks made from 100% recycled materials.
In this video you'll learn:
- The background to the amazing Rockay business, their mission and values
- What's it's like to work with 100% recycled nylon to design and make performance running socks
- How Rockay test their running socks to ensure the best performance and comfort for athletes
- What Polygiene technology and how to use it in sock manufacturing
- About the ways Rockay uses marketing to educate their customers about the topics that matter to them
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?