People Tree: Working with Fair Trade Producers and Sustainable Fibres
In this 33-minute Interview, we’re thrilled to be joined by Jenny Hulme, the Head of Buying for fair trade fashion brand People Tree. Jenny has been with People Tree for 12 years, and here she explains how to work with fair trade production facilities, implementing sustainable fibres like GOTS-certified organic cotton and tips for your business when working with small-scale artisan producers.
In this Interview you will learn:
- People Tree's experience working with organic cotton fibres and their expansion into working with Tencel
- About sourcing sustainable cotton fibres, how to find new suppliers and working with production facilities
- What it's like to operate with Fair Trade certification
- How to work with small-scale artisans for mutually beneficial partnerships
- How to implement the use of more sustainable fabrics in your collections
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?