Martina Spetlova: Traceable Handmade Leather Fashion Goods
Designer Martina Spetlova joined us to discuss how and why she uses leather, working with and training women artisans through social enterprises, employing transparent policies through partnering with blockchain technology provider Provenance, and insight into the repair and dry cleaning of leather goods.
In this video you'll learn:
- How a luxury fashion line evolved into a traceable and craftsmanship-led leather accessories collection
- How to design accessories that embrace the natural weathering of leather and how to communicate this aspect to your customer with authenticity
- About the key ethical and sustainable considerations for sourcing leather for use in fashion
- What it's like to work with artisans through NGOs and other social enterprises
- About using blockchain technology and the challenges of navigating full traceability with suppliers
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Find out more here or, click to enjoy our free articles before upgrading