Luxtra: Building A Luxury Vegan Accessories Brand
It's one of the key trends in sustainable fashion that has taken the market by storm over the past couple of years: handbags that are made from anything but an animal. While fabric and faux leather have offered alternatives to leather for some, others are turning to fruit leathers, mushroom leather and even cactus leather for stylish and ethical arm candy.
Jessica Kruger founded Luxtra London based on her vegan values and obsession with handbags. Since launching in 2018, Luxtra is already B Corps certified, with a beautiful range of stylish bags, purses and accessories, all made from plant-based leather alternatives. Hear about her journey in this interview for The Sustainable Fashion Collective.
In this video you'll learn:
- About the core principles guiding vegan accessories brand Luxtra London
- Why testing and sampling is key to the process of working with new materials in a fashion collection
- What the key considerations are for selecting new materials for an accessory line
- The best way to find a manufacturer and how to persuade them to work with new materials
- How the vegan trend is shaping the industry and how to make your brand stand out from the crowd
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Find out more here or, click to enjoy our free articles before upgrading