January Networking: Panel Discussion on Eco Swimwear
As part of our January Networking Event, we discuss how swimwear can be eco-friendly, and how we as consumers and designers alike can make more informed and responsible decisions in our purchasing habits and products. Following on from a presentation by each guest speaker (linked below), we went further into detail with Jo-Anne Godden of RubyMoon Swim, Nichole de Carle of London Contour Experts and Philippa Thackeray of Paper London.
Watch their presentations here:
In this video you'll learn:
- About steps to implement a circular economy with take back schemes
- How to have return customers
- Designing for durability of swimwear and if it's bad for business
- How to educate customers on best practice for swimwear care
- How to get started with local manufacturing and why it's important
- About why we should ethically manufacture
- Collaborating and working with ambassadors
- About wholesale and DTC business strategies
- How to control stock to avoid waste
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?