Jake + Maya [Kids]: Clothes that Grow with Kids
In this lesson we talked with Tze Ching Yeung, founder of Jake + Maya [Kids], a sustainable children’s clothing brand with an ethos founded in fast-growing kids and slow fashion. Tze Ching shares with us the difficulties of trying to scale her labour of love, a conscious clothing brand for kids and how she leveraged that experience to create a zero-waste label aimed at improving how children (and adults) use their clothing.
In this lesson you'll learn:
- The challenges of scaling a business vs. growing a business you love
- Helping this generation (and the next) change their relationship to clothes
- Experimenting and pivoting your direction as a fashion brand
- Crowdfunding a fashion brand
- Words of advice for designers who want to follow their own path in children’s clothing
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?