Know The Origin: traceable from seed to garment
Charlotte Instone, aka "Rocketman", is the founder of Know The Origin, a women's and menswear brand, that is fully traceable all the way from seed to garment. They treat their manufacturers and suppliers fairly and use ethical fabrics. Charlotte’s passion shines through her business and what she has built is truly inspiring - it makes me feel like I can do even more with Offset Warehouse - so I’m incredibly excited to share her invaluable knowledge and tips for building a transparent business model.
In this video you'll learn:
- What Charlotte learned from visiting the survivors of factory collapses.
- How Know The Origin was funded.
- The criteria when KTO chose their manufacturers and how they were sourced.
- The sustainability criteria for choosing fabrics and how they sourced them.
- Why they won't work with offcuts.
- How they sell their products at high street prices.
- How they achieved such fast growth.
- The best routes for getting in front of their target audience.
- Collaborations and pop-ups - how they've impacted the business.
- The future of KTO.
- Advice for businesses building a transparent supply chain.
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?