In conversation with Rawan Maki
Rawan Maki began her career in the corporate world. She couldn’t bear the fast consumerism so prevalent in her hometown, Bahrain and the Arab world. There didn't seem to be any consciousness about a product's environmental or social impact. So in 2017, she pursued her passion and launched her womenswear brand, Rawan Maki, to introduce the Arab world to sustainability.
In this video you'll learn:
- How to approach sustainable production
- The difference between an online and offline consumer
- How to experiment with different target audiences
- Understanding your customer
- Working with influencers
- Wholesale vs. consignment
- Finding a target audience
- Marketing brands as 'green'
- The Vogue experience
- The seasonless mentality
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Find out more here or, click to enjoy our free articles before upgrading