HOTELMOTEL: Handcrafted Unisex Sneakers
This is a 16 minute interview with Canada-based footwear brand HOTELMOTEL who talk through the challenges and opportunities found within a small shoemaking business. Gain insight and thoughts on how to create a footwear label with creativity, customer engagement, disassembly and material direction in mind - and how to launch a sneaker line without any technical expertise.
In this interview you will learn:
- About the story behind HOTELMOTEL’s conception and the brands ethos and mission
- The challenges and opportunities that come with small production runs
- Insights into the shoemaking process and considerations pertaining to disassembly
- Working with leather vs working with new materials and synthetic alternatives
- Tips for designers considering launching a footwear range
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?