Fashion Without A Face: Initiating Conversation With Ethical Cork Accessories
Scott Joseph, founder and designer for premium vegan accessories brand Fashion Without A Face joins us to explain how a career and research into the leather industry sparked a lifelong dream to own a fashion brand that is positive for the world and sparks conversation. Fashion Without A Face creates accessories using cork, manufactured in Italy, and here we find out about the vital design development and production stage of the business.
In this video you'll learn:
- What convinced a Manchester leather shoe business owner to turn vegan, and launch a gender-neutral, plant-based bag brand
- About the material properties of cork and how they compare to animal leather
- Finding expertise to suit what you need from those around you
- Working with manufacturers and the sampling process for accessories
- How to design a bag using a zero-waste cutting method
- About tackling the challenge of selling products made from unfamiliar materials through an online-only platform
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Find out more here or, click to enjoy our free articles before upgrading