Coyuchi: Luxury Organic And Climate Beneficial Home Textiles
Over the past few years, the market for organic cotton and linen bedding has boomed due to consumer demand for healthy and comfortable homeware. Coyuchi meanwhile have been using organic cotton in their luxury homewares since 1991 and are very much the experts in all the intricacies in working with sustainable, organic fibres for bedding, sleepwear and babywear.
In this insightful interview with CEO Eileen Mockus, find out how they implemented a take-back and renewal scheme for cotton bedding, how their Fair Trade products benefit farming communities, and what "climate beneficial" means for their brand.
In this interview you will learn:
- About the types of cotton, linen and wool fibres Coyuchi work with
- The key considerations to be aware of when designing homewares
- What it's like to work with GOTS certification
- About growing cotton and manufacturing cotton products in the US
- Why Coyuchi decided to become a member of the 1% for the Planet movement
- About the challenges and opportunities of recycling and mending cotton products
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?