Panel Discussion: How Communities Can Shape the Future of Sustainable Fashion
Watch our brilliant panel discussion with five female founders for insight into how to get your community talking seriously about ethical fashion and creative ideas to start your own eco-movements. Held as part of Fashion Revolution Week, our event, 'Refashioning Your Wardrobe' was organised in collaboration with Fabrications fabric studio in East London. Covering everything from innovative textiles, repurposed and vintage clothing, crafting and visible mending, our speakers returned time and again to the driving force of community in opening up the discourse on sustainable and ethical practices, in the online spaces of YouTube, in workshops, and eco-friendly events.
In this video you'll learn:
- How to empower communities to be more sustainable through events and workshops
- Looking to the past and the future for ethical fabrics and fashion practices
- Using online platforms to reach new audiences and speak to your communities
- The role of community in learning and skill-sharing
- The benefits of placing people front and centre to your ethical goals
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?