Birdsong: An inspiring social enterprise with painting dinner lady producers
What motivates you to challenge the status quo? What’s upsetting you about the industry at the moment? When Sophie Slater co-founded Birdsong, she came from a background of activism, and having worked on the shop floor of American Apparel, she realised first-hand what she didn’t want the brands she shopped from to look like.
In this video you'll learn:
- About Birdsong, their sustainability criteria and social ethos of their business.
- How the brand is working to change consumer behaviour.
- Why they have a "no photoshop" policy.
- How they found the makers they work with and the challenges they faced.
- How Birdsong approached funding and tips for crowdfunding.
- Their best routes to market.
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?