Francis Love: Launching A Bricks & Mortar Interiors Shop
Deborah and Julie began their business with a bricks and mortar interior design homeware store in 2014 and now run an interior design consultancy covering commercial and architectural design under the same name, Francis Love. They have incredible, first-hand experience of setting up a store retailing goods for the home using sustainable materials and working with independent designers and artisan.
With so many different business owners in The Members' Club, I was so excited when the fabulous design duo from Francis Love agreed to impart some of their wisdom on their experience setting up their interior homewares shop in Surrey, England. There are some amazing gems of advice in this video so get your pens at the ready!
In this video you'll learn:
- The pros and cons of starting a physical shop.
- The best time to set up a shop - in your journey and the time of year.
- What you should do before you launch a shop.
- The steps to setting up a shop.
- Top tips on merchandising.
- Thoughts on also selling stock from an online shop alongside a bricks and mortar.
- Top tips for running a bricks and mortar.
- How to you get in front of your target market.
- Their favourite trade shows.
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?