How sustainable is my fashion business? Brand Audit and Solutions Toolkit
This is a read-only comprehensive audit that features sections with knowledge exchange, questionnaires, and a solutions checklist so that you can understand where you can further your responsible practices. It also includes sections to write down notes so that you leave the self-motivated session with clarity and direction.
In this Audit you will learn:
- How sustainable the raw materials you use are
- The energy required to turn your raw materials into products
- The impacts of the dyes and finishes you use
- The impact of your products at the end of their usable life
- How well the people in your supply chain are treated
- How you manage animal welfare in your supply chain
- How transparent you are in the way you communicate sustainability to your customers
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Why We Should Use Ethical Fabricswith Charlie Bradley Ross
This is a 30 minute Lesson led by entrepreneur Charlie Bradley Ross that considers the social and environmental impacts of fibre processing and fabric production, and its impact on the makers and wearers.
The facts are staggering, as you will learn in this video. It is simply untenable for the industry to continue in this way, however, it can also be overwhelming to be faced with this mountain of negativity, especially as a small business. Tune in to this brief introduction on the social and environmental impacts related to fabrics; it will help you identify small changes you can make to the materials you use, and consequently, how your products could be made more sustainably and with minimal damage (or even, positive repercussions) for people, for animals and for planet.