You’ve finally launched your brilliant, sustainable business idea, your sales channels are performing well, and operations are running like clockwork - well, more or less! Now you have the foundations, how do you go about navigating those next tricky steps to growth? Scaling doesn’t just mean turning your small business into a big business; it’s a slow process to build up from your foundations. An important place to start is to ask whether your business is ready. This Masterclass empowers entrepreneurs with the tools to make the next step confidently.
In this Masterclass you will learn:
- How to identify if and when you should grow your business
- Different methods to grow you business, including partnering and producing for other businesses
- How to measure your impact in order to secure grants and investment, including scaling through crowdfunding
- Ways to expand your business without extensive investment, through social media and storytelling
- How to explore markets, including the US, and the markets' potential for your specific business
- How to avoid the common mistakes made when trying to scale
- What Horizontal and Vertical Integration of Sustainability is
- How to work with sales reps, big retailers and growth tactics for selling at retail and wholesale levels
- What methods in goal-setting and planning could work for you [with downloadable guide]
- Developing strategies to spot gaps in the market, and establishing consumer appetite
- Pivoting your direction and experimenting as a fashion brand
Introduction to Growing and Scaling, NatWestwith Nick Howe
Nick Howe is a NatWest Enterprise Manager and works with agencies, charities, councils and universities across London to provide support and advice on getting started in business. He's also an expert in the ways of growing a business and adapting to the changing environments. In this video, he talks through the different methods for scaling a business, including hiring, acquisition, exports, and making the right funding decisions for your growth plan.
We invited Nick back for this Growing and Scaling masterclass after his brilliant segment all about Funding. Return to the Funding masterclass to watch Nick’s video, where he talked through the funding options available, things to consider before you look for funding and where to apply for it.
Developing a Growth Plan Strategy, CPG Executive Consulting (Video)with Helen Roberts
Ambition is always a key factor when growing and scaling, but keeping your feet on the ground and making a solid plan will yield firmer results than just being able to dream big. Scoping the market, doing your research, and understanding precisely what it is you want to achieve will lay the groundwork for your business to thrive.
Helen Roberts is the founder and Director of CPG Executive Consulting, Richmond Foodies, and StartUp Richmond. Helen is a Fast Growth Business Strategist for SMEs, using her incredible experience of growing a million-pound business within 12 months to help young companies build effective growth strategies. She is also an entrepreneur and investor herself, with first-hand knowledge of growing companies to yield six and seven-figure turnovers. In this video, she talks through how to plan your growth around your product and your market, the steps to growing a business, and common mistakes to watch out for.
Powerful Techniques to Incite ChangeWednesday May 1st, 2019
Buttonbag: A High-Growth Craft Business Case StudyWednesday May 1st, 2019
Cubitts: The Spectacle Makers Reframing WasteSunday Dec 1st, 2019
Jake + Maya [Kids]: Clothes that Grow with KidsMonday Jun 1st, 2020
The Entrepreneur's 2018 Goal Setting & Planning Workshop [January 2018]Monday Jan 1st, 2018 - 00:00am
6 June 2018: Measuring your Impact - Simple Strategies To Grow Your BusinessMonday Apr 30th, 2018 - 01:00am
Scaling a Social Enterprise Through FinancingWednesday May 15th, 2019 - 18:00pm
Goal-Setting and Planning Workshop Mid-Year Check In 2021Monday Jul 5th, 2021 - 11:00am
Exploring New Markets; Doing business in the USWednesday Jun 12th, 2019 - 18:00pm
Goal-Setting and Planning Workshop 2021Monday Jan 25th, 2021 - 10:20am
Goal-Setting and Planning Workshop 2022Wednesday Jan 12th, 2022 - 11:00am