Market Pricing, Demand and Opportunities For Regenerative Cotton
While it is easy to perceive the benefits of regenerative cotton farming for the environment and people, there are still key, practical barriers to overcome to see a wider uptake within the fashion and textiles industry.
In this Lesson, we speak to Aneel Kumar Ambavaran and Sanne van den Dungen at Grameena Vikas Kendram (GVK Society), to learn what the challenges and opportunities are for regenerative cotton vs. conventional farming models and why increased transparency is crucial to demonstrate market value for the future of these beautiful crops.
Thumbnail image from Money Control.
In this video you'll learn:
- What are the key opportunities and challenges for regenerative cotton farming vs. a conventional model
- How to understand the true cost of garments through an appreciation of the supply chain
- Why organic cotton comes at a premium price
- How changes in perceptions of cotton can be brought about and how this can lead to a shift in market value for regenerative cotton
- What the challenges are for brands and farmers wanting to work together - and how to break down some of the communication barriers through transparency and relationship building
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Challenges and Opportunities for Recycled Wool Textiles in the UKwith John Parkinson
We spoke with Dr. John Parkinson, founder of Yorkshire-based wool recycling facility 'iinouiio' to learn about how the UK woollen recycling textile trade has changed over the last 50 years, and both the challenges and opportunities in revitalising this industry onshore. This is a two-part Lesson, with part one in the Technical Tutorials looking at the processing and history of this fantastic trade.
Thumbnail image from Material District.